August 17, 2009

Coltan

Coltan isn't in the dictionary. It's in our phones and computers. It is also killing children and forcing children to kill in Africa. Unlike diamonds, there is no way of knowing where coltan comes from - whether it is ethically mined in Australia or whether it is sustaining the Congo's civil war. You can probably bet whichever is the cheapest form businesses can get it in. I love my iPhone and my MacBook, so I hope Apple is the first to prove their coltan is ethically mined. Until then, no more new products and lots of letters to Steve Jobs. Check out what WarChild is doing in the Congo and get inspired!

1 comment:

  1. hey darling, great blog!! i sure hope apple steps up too, that's all i use now! war child is great eh? they are using my dad's software (free of course, because of their great cause). keep it up!

    xoxo S

    ReplyDelete